Friday, September 29, 2017

First Impressions - Fall Semester!

WOW! It will be October 1 this weekend! The first month of school flew by! Much learning from a Biblical World view was observed in various lessons as I stopped into classes these past 6 weeks to watch teaching and learning. It was a pleasure to hear in one room how children need to be good stewards of their room and assist the teacher in keeping it tidy. The instructor shared that God has given us our school and we need to take good care of it!  In another room I asked a new child who transferred from home education what he most liked about being at ACA. He answered, "Learning about God with all of my classmates in all of my classes!" 

I have eaten lunch with many new 4th -6th grade students who have transferred from other Christian schools or public schools to learn what they are finding as appreciations about ACAor ways we can improve.  Many have responded like this:

Students are friendly and kind here!

The teachers talk to me and I know that they see me as more than just a student!

I like the food here!

We get to pray in school!

I like the small school feel-people treat each other like family! 









Next week when parents/guardians come to conferences be prepared for the instructor to pray for you and your child(ren) at the start of the conference! ACA was built on prayer and we will continue to be a school of prayer. Read in  today's ACA's Announcement about the ACA's Spirit Walk that will take place during chapel times on Wed.Oct. 4, 2017

It is a privilege and pleasure to work with the preschool, childcare and elementary children at Ankeny Christian Academy and YOU as parents/guardians who chose a Christian education for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment